Spring Background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lots of Love


Natalia loves baths! All she has to do is see the bathtub as we walk through the bathroom and she gets wildly excited; arms flailing, legs kicking, hyperventilating excited. She could probably take a bath after every meal and not get tired of it. Luckily for me she's not messy enough to require 3 baths a day, let alone 1 a day. But her love of baths sure makes it fun to give her a bath and play with all the bath toys!

Josh's brother, Barjona, his wife Alishia, and their darling baby Emma came to visit, have dinner (THAI - mmmm!) made by my amazing husband, and let the babies play. Emma got to try avocado for the first time. She was darling! One of the funniest events of the evening was Natalia's interest in Emma's pacifier. Natalia spit out her pacifier, tried to hand it to Emma, stole hers and popped it into her mouth! Those of us who saw it were beside ourselves with laughter! Emma wasn't quite sure what happened or how she should handle it. It was hilarious!



This year I wanted to do something a bit different for Valentine's Day. I saw this idea of decorated mailboxes and had to do it. I found these small metal mailboxes at Target for $1 each. I decorated them with designer paper. Then we had a FHE about love and how we show love. I challenged Josh and Hali to do something to show love everyday from the beginning of February until Valentine's Day - unless we wanted to continue it longer. When something was placed in the mailbox the flag was put up to let that person know that there was something in their mailbox. It was really fun making cards, writing notes, and placing treats or other little gifts in the mailboxes. Hali especially loved this activity. It was really fun to do things for others as well as receive things from each other. We'll definitely do this again next year. I'll have to find some more mailboxes! :0)


I received a beautiful delivery of the most lovely roses for Valentine's day this year. My husband sure loves me! Thankfully I'd know that even without gorgeous flowers! We went out for Sushi at Tokyo in Lehi and even let Natalia have some crab, cucumber, rice and avocado in addition to the beans and peas I brought to feed her for dinner. And she loved it! It was a wonderful Valentine's Day and our 4th together! It's been 4 of the best Valentine's Days of my life and I'm looking forward to a lifetime more of celebrating the love we have for each other!

2 comments:

  1. Those mailboxes are adorable! I love the idea too! I'm going to have to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mailbox idea!!

    ReplyDelete